Irish is covered at Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate, both Higher and Ordinary Level.
Junior Cert level Irish grinds focus on:
- Grammar, including verbs, prepositions, pronouns, adjectives, and vocabulary
- Written portions of the exam, including letters, stories, poetry, and prose
- Aural work (listening)
Leaving Cert level Irish grinds focus on:
- Oral exam preparation (speaking), as the oral exam is worth a significant portion of your grade at 40%.
- Aural exam preparation (listening)
- Written exam preparation, with emphasis on essays
All students receive homework weekly and it’s corrected promptly.